Sunday, September 27, 2009

Buckeye Nation - Illinois - Week 4 recap

30-0 + 60 min + awesome defense = Tressel Ball

Thats two shut outs in back to back games. Sitting on the 50 yard line 37 rows up just barely under the cover of C deck, I sat there and watch yet another buckeye win. I am a die hard fan, I love the game, I love the team but what really gets me is the fact that we won today and I was still disappointed.

Yes we beat Illinois, yes we dominated on defense, yes we got the win, but when it comes to offensive production and points we didn't look that dominating. Tressel Ball has pulled through again for the hopeful fans of Columbus, Ohio. Defense won this game, congratulations Tressel you have shown the nation that we have one of the best defenses in the nation.

Defense is great and it can always win games in the big ten because when the weather gets cold and nasty like it does late in the season, defense wins games. What Tressel needs to start working on if he ever intends to start winning the big games is scoring points.  Look at the Big 12, SEC, PAC-10, what do they do, they put up big numbers against us almost every time we play them. You have to score big points if you want to win the big games. Defense alone will not win you those games.

Two interceptions during the Illinois game should equal to two touchdowns worth 14 points instead both times  we couldn't get anything moving off of the turnovers and what do you know, two field goals leading to 6 points.

Jim Tressel, please change it up a little. Run a dual back shotgun with Saine and Herron left and right of Pryor. This would open up the option left, option right, run middle, pass deep, and just about everything else. Defenses going against it would have no idea where to defend. Start opening up the field and make some big plays. We should be breaking records on offense with a player like Pryor. Lets see a little aggressiveness in the play calling.

Overall I think we played great, I'm glad to see a big win, lets see if we can go for a the hat trick on shutouts when we face Indiana next weekend.

Coming soon 
The Complete Buckeye Break Down Top 25 Week 4

Post your comments, I'll be more than happy to talk about anybody else's thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment